The Kahler Grand Hotel is the premier, full-service hotel directly connected to the Mayo Clinic and close to downtown Rochester. An 80-year legacy of personalized service and world-class comfort await guests of The Kahler Grand. Boasting a timeless charm and storied past, the Kahler Grand is elegant, historic, and wonderfully unpretentious.
The Kahler Grand is more than a hotel, it’s an experience.
SmallWood Conference attendee rates
- Standard Double Double: $101
- Standard King: $101
- Executive King: $139
- Two Bedroom Suite: $299
Special notes pertaining to room rates
- Applicable state and local taxes will be added to room rates.
- Reference the SmallWood Conference when booking your accommodations to receive the special room rates.
- The room block and rate will be held until May 2, 2014 – BOOK EARLY to guarantee special rates.
- At the time of check-in, guests will be required to pre-pay for their estimated charges by a credit card, cash, or check.
For room reservations, call the Kahler Grand: 800-508-5549
Location and transportation
- Address: 20 2nd Ave SW, Rochester, MN 55902 — Get directions to the Kahler Grand on Google Maps
- Located in the heart of Rochester, Minnesota’s sophisticated urban downtown district
- Directly across the street from Mayo Clinic and also connected via pedestrian subway
- Only 10 minutes to Rochester International Airport
- 75 miles to Minneapolis/ St. Paul International Airport
- Shuttle service to and from the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport is $25 one way or $50 round-trip — Reserve your shuttle service
- Shuttle service from the Rochester International Airport is $11 one-way or $21 round-trip — Call 507-280-9270 for reservations.
- Parking is available for a discounted rate of $8 per day.
Recreation and leisure
- Recreation center with iconic rooftop pool, whirlpool and sauna
- Fitness center with upgraded cardiovascular equipment and universal gym
- Connected to The Grand Shops with over 65 stores, boutiques and restaurants
- Connected to entire downtown district via pedestrian skyway and subway system
- Minutes away from Silver Lake, Veteran’s Memorial, Assisi Heights and Mayowood Mansion
- Learn more about Rochester’s dining and recreation opportunities
Restaurants and lounges
- Grand Grill offers delicious, homestyle fare in a comfortable setting, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Martini’s at The Kahler Grand offers Rochester’s largest Martini selection – over 65, with outdoor seating available
- The Lord Essex offers the ultimate experience in fine dining in downtown Rochester, with a unique, old-England atmosphere and award-winning chefs
- Starbucks is located in the Kahler Grand lobby
- 15% discounts will be offered to SmallWood attendees in the Grand Grill, Lord Essex, and Martini’s restaurants for food only purchases. Show your name badge to the server to receive the discount.
- 24-hour room service
- Bell/valet service
- Concierge services
- Hair salon/barber shop
- 24-hour business center
- Safe deposit box
- Parking in connected ramp
- Courtesy shuttle to area attractions
- 660 charming and cozy guestrooms
- 15 suites
- 60 Executive rooms available for upgrade
- Complimentary high-speed internet access in all guestrooms
- Work desk
- In-room movies
- Coffee maker
- Microwave available
- Iron/ironing board
- AM/FM clock radio with alarm
- Voice mail