Regional Director – Portland, OR or Seattle, WA. (home based office)
Are you tired of being stuck behind a desk? Do you want to help construct more sustainable cities? Are you qualified to join a team of wood design experts who provide support and education to engineers, architects and developers throughout the U.S.?
WoodWorks is a recognized leader in providing project assistance related to non-residential and multi-family wood buildings. As a result of our continued success and positive impact in the industry, we’re adding new staff who want to be part of this exciting growth and help to guide the future of building in the U.S.
Woodworks is looking for 2 Regional Directors (one in Portland, OR and one in Seattle, WA) to be the ‘go to’ resource for design professionals when they have questions about the use of wood in non-residential or multi-family buildings.
If you have the combination of well-developed technical knowledge, strong communication skills and an enthusiastic spirit, and you’re looking for something other than a billable consulting position or sales, this job offers a unique opportunity. In addition to an impressive compensation package, WoodWorks offers an enjoyable team atmosphere, the opportunity to become an expert in wood structures, schedule flexibility, and the chance for a rewarding career in the wood industry.
In addition, the position will start by getting involved in connection design / details for mass timber & cross laminated timber projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide technical support to architects, engineers and others involved in the design of non-residential and multi-family wood buildings
- Present educational seminars for architects, engineers, code officials and others, on the benefits of using wood and design of wood buildings
- Contact design and construction professionals and offer wood-based solutions that meet their objectives
- Further develop the regional market using traditional and consultative sales techniques—i.e., following leads, establishing contact and building relationships
- Ability to understand building codes and standards for wood-frame construction and provide solutions where design professionals have questions or issues related to specific projects
- Ability to proactively initiate contact with architects, engineers and others involved in the design of buildings
- Strong communication skills, written and spoken
- Outgoing personality with the ability to engage design and construction professionals in discussions regarding material selection
- BS / MS in Civil / Structural / Architectural Engineering
- 5 + years structural design experience
- Project management experience
- Wood design experience
- Mass Timber design experience
- MS Office understanding (SalesForce a plus)
- Outgoing, seeking client facing experience
- Regional travel as needed (day and overnight) for meetings
- National travel 4-8 trips annually with a few more likely year one for training and team development
- Initiative, drive, self-starter
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
WoodWorks provides free project assistance as well as education and resources related to the design of non-residential and multi-family wood buildings across the U.S. Our technical experts offer support from design through construction on a wide range of building types—including commercial, office, multi-family/mixed-use, educational, institutional and public.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Woodworks is an active Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Woodworks welcomes men and women regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, veteran status or other category protected by law.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to Careers@WoodWorks.org.