Vaagen Brothers Lumber owns and operates the sawmill and runs a high-speed mobile HewSaw that churns out lumber from wildfire salvage and fuels reduction projects in Northeast Arizona and Northwest New Mexico. An open house is scheduled for May 29.
Forest Business Network wears several different hats. One of those is online publishing. As you’re likely aware, we publish a weekly email newsletter that reaches 10,000 forest product professionals each week across the globe. And since we offer advertising in the newsletter and in our free classifieds website, and talk with many forest product companies
Can a handshake mean the difference between your company prospering or flailing? I certainly think so. In this all-over-the-place economy, a company’s connections are its lifeblood. If you disagree, then you’re just not recognizing the power that knowing the right people brings to your forest products business, because it’s there in a very big way.
180,000 homes. $2 billion. 1 billion board feet. These are more than numbers on a page. In fact, they mean a great deal to the Caribbean nation of Haiti.
Western Montana has several great commemorative National Forest Products Week events scheduled that should be of interest to local wood product businesses and forest professionals.
Why are we excited about the future of the Small Log Conference? Well, to cut to the chase – our scope, size, and focus areas have gotten so much bigger.
The Softwood Export Council’s Association Company Participation Program (ACPP) offers you an incredible cost-savings when participating in SEC trade events around the world. The SEC will pay for 75% of the cost of your SEC-hosted trips through the ACP Program and you are responsible for the remaining 25%. That’s quite the cost-savings when you consider how pricey international airline tickets are these days, let alone hotel and food expenses.
With wood exports gaining a greater slice of our business, FBN felt a need to get a closer look. That’s why on September 7, I’ll be traveling to China with 15 other folks from across the U.S. forest products industry as part of an introductory trade servicing mission.
Vaagen Brothers Lumber, Future Forest, and the U.S. Forest Service, all major supporters and participants of our Small Log Conference, have teamed up to do a live test on the feasibility of processing logs salvaged from recent catastrophic wildfires in Northeast Arizona and Northwest New Mexico.
FBN staff report: The Volunteer State and IBSS lead the charge in the next generation of biofuels development
Mix some very smart “Volunteers” with fast-growing grasses and trees and what do you get? Well, you end up with one monumental effort to change the world and some innovative new biofuels and biomass co-products to boot.
The term “restoration forestry” is thrown around quite a bit these days. While it’s used broadly, there doesn’t seem to be any quintessential definition for it, let alone a “map” of all it encompasses.
The PFI Annual Conference kicks off July 29th at the Foxwoods Resort Casino in Mashantucket, CT. The conference (July 29-31, 2012) features a strong education program, supplier exhibits and extensive opportunities to network with attendees and speakers.
The Northwest Advanced Renewables Alliance announced some big news for Western Montana as it seeks to advance its efforts to create a new woody biomass biofuels industry in the Pacific Northwest.
Even with jobs in short supply these days, I’ve noticed a fair amount of forest industry positions out in the workplace. Sadly though, they aren’t getting listed on our site or in our email newsletter. That’s a shame since we’ve got an awesome free resource at your disposal that every HR department in the forest industry should take advantage of.
We recently posted a request from our partners, the United States Forest Service, asking that you complete a brief survey on your experiences with the Coordinated Resource Offerings Protocol (CROP). Your participation is important because it will help inform the USFS on whether or not to continue CROP and to identify needed improvements if the program is to go on.
If you’ve never been to either the Smallwood Conference, or FBN’s own Small Log Conference, these events bring together many of the top minds in the industry for second-to-none idea gathering and networking.
Woody biomass and the forest products industry: Reasons why you should be in Flagstaff, Arizona on May 1
With all the fuels reductions projects, and fire and bug-kill salvage operations going on these days, the always excellent Smallwood Conference will explore in-depth the many opportunities available for the forest product industry to exploit woody biomass and low-value, waste wood.
If you weren’t one of the hundreds of folks attending our excellent March 29 webinar that focused on Asian wood export opportunities and featured top exporting pro Paul Owen, then here’s a second chance to listen in.